Friday 10 August 2012

Thirty Day Character Challenge

Five days at a time, Fridays. Who's excited? I'm excited!
Fictional characters are such a big part of my life that I think of this as giving you a snippet of my mind - maybe that sounds odd, but I think most of you understand what I mean.

Today:

1. A character from your current favorite fandom
2. A character from a previous favorite fandom
3. A character who looks like you
4. A character who acts like you
5. A group of characters who is most like you and your friends


1. A character from your current favorite fandom
Since this can be any character, I think I'm going to pick out one that I am extremely fond of, but most likely won't show up as a first choice for any of the other questions. She's underrated, underused, but it's almost a good thing: I feel like playing her up too much would be a mistake.

Oh, wait, I didn't mention what my favourite fandom was!
Do I need to? Seriously?

Anyway, this character is Idris (from Doctor Who, of course).

I love the idea of the Doctor having someone always there for him, someone who understands him better than anyone - someone who chose him, stole him. The uniqueness of the Time Lord/TARDIS pairing strikes me as awesome. I love the personification of the machine. Basically, she's interesting, unique, and, because she isn't mentioned a lot, has a lot of room for development.

2. A character from a previous favorite fandom

HOW previous?
I give you Martin the Warrior of the Redwall series - one of the first characters I ever loved.
I give you Hiccup from How To Train Your Dragon.
I give you Ferb from Phineas and Ferb.
Note the fact that they're all European. My mum says I'm going to end up marrying an American but with a track record like mine i doubt it

3. A character who looks like you
Lucy from The Chronicles of Narnia. It's kind of weird how similar I look to Georgie Henley.

4. A character who acts like you
This is harder. I think there are a lot of characters I connect with on one level or another. In fact, I can find ways I connect with nearly every fictional character, ever - the better the character, the more connections happen, even if the character is completely different from one, I think. I have some character connections with everyone from Hermione in Harry Potter to Rose in Doctor Who to Loki in the Avengers. But some of the characters I feel most link to:
-Eleven from Doctor Who, with his tendency to bottle up depression or angst - to either be nasty, or on top of the world and less than wholly mature.
-Susan from Narnia. The older sister who has trouble with the being perfect thing.

5. A group of characters who is most like you and your friends
I CAN'T THINK OF ANYONE. For these three of us that used to hang out all the time, the obvious is Ron, Hermione, and Harry, and that's probably about accurate, though I don't think any of us is really Harry. Maybe more of a Fred, George, and Ginny. As for the friends I actually spend time with the most - I can't think. Sorry.


6 comments:

  1. REDWALL FOREVER.
    And you DO look like Georgie Henley? Because that was my headcanon. O_O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. YAY (obviously i've already done it, but I feel like I should reply and stuff)

      Delete
  3. I love Rose! I actually only discovered Doctor Who earlier this summer, but with a little help from Netflix, BBC America, and the lack of school, I've been playing catch-up. Ten's still my favorite, but Eleven won me over from his first episode with the whole "new mouth, new taste buds" bit. Haha.

    Anyway, fun post! New follower. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Sounds fantastic. Doctor Who is so amazing. Ah, I was a Ten fan for so very long, but Eleven wore me down. I still love Ten, though. I love them all.

      Thanks! It's great to see you around. Thanks for the comment and for stopping by! :D

      Delete