Saturday 4 August 2012

And Then I Went Camping

It's Friday again, and I have been - excuseless and lazy - a terrible blogger for a very long time. I'm honestly trying to smarten up, now. On Fridays, I'll blog about life (I mean, I'll try), and on Mondays, I think I'm going to review Doctor Who. Yep. I think I'm going to go over all of Eleven's era before series seven starts, giving reviews of each episode, so I can be all ready to go when we finally get the airdate for "Asylum of the Daleks".
These are the things I say, but may or may not get done.

I'm exhausted right now. I just debated a stranger on the internet about feminism (which is not a smart thing to do, considering the only base I have for my beliefs on most subjects is my faith, and people don't get where I'm coming from) and it's left me tired and thirsting for something bigger, for a change in the air, for a revival of life in the world.

And to that end, I will describe the recent trip I took up to the bustling metropolis of Merritt, that town to the left of Nowhere that has one McDonald's and a Starbucks.

No, seriously.

'Cos I went with Tomorrowsong - you might know her from her blog, or from Tumblr. She and I had some great talks about Life, the Universe, and Everything. And it was a joy to get away from everything, even if I missed the airing of the new Doctor Who trailer. The air was hot and dry, mosquito bites abounded, and sand and stars and the moon like a searchlight over the water - fishing and swimming and tyres crunching on gravel - lukewarm breakfasts and mountain passes - it all just reordered my brain, a bit. It's honestly nice to be away from good things. The internet is like rich food - every once in a while you have to just drink some water and eat a hot dog and enjoy little things instead. So maybe I'll keep a tighter schedule on my derpy online activities.

So nothing profound for today, because I'm dead tired. That's just my little update on life. Thanks for tuning in, and for letting me give my little description bit. *salutes* I'll see you soon, God willing.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about that melodrama on tumblr. That said, I'm also proud of you for standing up, because I probably would've looked at the first line of the thread and gone, "Nope nope nope." I mean, I disagree with things on both sides of the debate. When it comes to Amy, for the most part I think she /is/ too dependent on the Doctor, and I do think Moffat has a problem with that. But my beliefs about the value of women are much more in line with yours.
    ANYWAY. Don't feel the need to debate this anymore with me; I just wanted to say that I appreciated what you said, and even that you said it. Good to be reminded why you needed a break in the first place, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. Sure! I'm not going to debate you! I agree with things on both sides of the debate, too, it's just that I'm sick and tired of most of the side I argued against. But like I said, I did see some of what they were saying.
      Haha, yep. ;)

      Delete